Why take an iron supplement
Not everyone needs to take an iron supplement however low iron levels are common, and not all people are aware they may have a diet deficient in iron.
Iron is a vital mineral, but the body doesn’t produce it, so it must be ingested. Many people think they are getting what they need from their diet, but they sometimes aren’t. Initial symptoms of low iron can include tiredness, fatigue and lack of energy.
Using an iron supplement can help you meet your daily iron requirements.
Iron plays an important role in the functioning of the body. It helps with
- Normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Normal transport of oxygen around the body
- the support of a healthy immune system*
- the release of natural energy**
- reduction of tiredness and fatigue
*Iron contributes to the normal function of the immune system
**Iron contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism